Model: Interceptor Mark III
Body Style: Convertible
SOLD: 1975 Jensen Interceptor Mark III Convertible
This is a properly-restored, very rare Jensen convertible that has been completely sorted and had all the questionable bits replaced. It is not an 100-point car, and was not restored to be. But it is a very, very nice high-point car that would look good in anyone’s garage or in front of a stately home – and it drives like a dream.
Full body-on professional restoration, including:
- new chrome bumpers and rocker panels
- new red finish, hand-rubbed
- dead-straight body panels
- new factory-made hood from Britain
- new hood struts
- interior leather restored
- new burled walnut veneer
- some new carpet as needed
- new front wiring loom
- new wiring as needed throughout, including power top and rear lights
- new top relays and pump
- new power window motors
- new/refurbished dash rocker switches
- new trunk liners/carpet
- restored original fire extinguisher and jack
- very good top
- new weatherstripping
- undercarriage stripped of old undercoat and re-coated
- wheels hand-stripped, polished and re-painted with high-impact paint
- engine and transmission overhauled as needed, new seals, gaskets, hoses, connectors, battery, fans, fan transformers, alternator, etc.
- underhood detailed
- re-chromed Jensen valve covers
- new brakes
- newer exhaust and brake lines
- owner’s manual, shop manuals, advertising materials, etc.
- spare black convertible top in the box
Here are the car’s deficiencies:
- the tonneau cover has shrunk too much to be used. I have a person ready to make and properly fit a new one for $750 but haven’t got around to it yet.
- the AC needs to be recharged. I haven’t been driving the car and so haven’t dealt with this yet, either.
- there is one small blemish on the newly-rechromed rear bumper, hardly noticeable but there. The chrome shop has gone out of business so I can’t pursue them, but most people wouldn’t likely see it anyway.
- Like most Jensens, the door open retainers don’t work well.
Don’t miss out! To stay informed on classic cars just like this one, sign up for our email list.
Jensen Interceptor Enthusiast?
Take a peek at our list of Jensen Interceptors For Sale!
Talk to us about making your purchase securely with cryptocurrency.